Riverwoods Imaging Center
RIVERWOODS IMAGING CENTER
The staff at Riverwoods Imaging Center is one asset that makes your health care so different from your previous medical experiences.
Currently Riverwoods Imaging maintains a team of board-certified radiologists, MRI, CT, X-ray, virtual mammography, bone density,
and ultrasound technologists who cumulatively amass decades of experience serving the people of Utah.
Each of our techs are nationally trained, tested, and board certified. Their unsurpassed experience and expertise in reading and
interpreting medical imaging assures you that your images are high quality and clearly readable. These providers enjoy responding
to questions and explaining images to each patient. Diagnoses are made by some of the most expert and experienced radiologists
in the world - read their profiles below!
Wendell A. Gibby, MD
Neuroradiologist & Interventional Radioliologist
Dr. Gibby is a Board-certified Radiologist with fellowship training in Neuroradiology. He serves as Director of Riverwoods Imaging &
Interventional Centers in Provo, Utah, and Director of Radiology at True Imaging in Gilbert, Arizona. He is also Clinical Professor
Radiology at the University of Arizona in Tucson.
Dr. Gibby's training includes a fellowship in Neuroradiology from the University of Pennsylvania, Radiology residency from the
University of Arizona Health Science Center, and an internship at UCLA Harbor General Hospital in California. He matriculated with
a degree in medicine at the University of Utah and a degree in chemistry from Brigham Young University.
An avid researcher, Dr. Gibby holds numerous patents for magnetic resonance contrast enhancing agents. He has written chapters
and books on CT and MRI physics, and co-authored a 1700-page textbook on neuroradiology. He has traveled the world giving
presentations at medical society meetings. Dr. Gibby is also Founder and Chairman of the Board for GlobalRad Foundation, a non-
profit teaching foundation working to disperse medical knowledge to Third World countries. Dr. Gibby is a pioneer in interventional
spine procedures, including percutaneous discectomy and vertebroplasty. He is considered an authority in interventional procedures of the spine.
Dr. Gibby is a founding member of the American Society for Spine Radiology (ASSR) and Senior Member of the American Society of Neuroradiology (ASNR). Other professional affiliations include the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA), Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (SMR), and the American College of Radiology (ACR). In January, 2006, a survey of 1,300 respondents of the journal Medical Imaging voted Dr. Gibby as one of the top 20 radiologist in the nation and is the author of one a major text book on neuroradiology. He is a medical Professor at the University of California in San Diego.
Dr. Gibby is a world-renowned Neuroradiologist who specializes in diseases of the spine. He has lectured at national and international radiology conferences,
is editor of a major radiology textbook, and serves on the governing board of the GlobalRad Foundation.
Procedures: Percutaneous Lumbar Discectomy, Neuro MRI
Certification: American Board of Radiology 1987
Honors: Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- 1979 B.S.; Brigham Young University; Provo, UT
- 1983 M.D. Medicine; University of Utah; Salt Lake City, UT
- 1984 Internship Internal Medicine; Harbor/UCLA Medical Center; Torrance, CA
- 1987 Residency Radiology; University of Arizona Health Sciences Center; Tucson, AZ
- 1988 Fellowship Neuroradiology; Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania; Philadelphia, PA
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
- American College of Radiology (ACR)
- Society for Spine Radiology (SSR)
- American Society of Neuroradiology (ASNR)
Brent Cross Chandler, MD
Diagnostic Radiology & Mammography
Dr. Chandler is a Board-certified Radiologist with fellowship training in is a Board-certified Radiologist with medical training in
interventional radiology. He is a graduate of Oklahoma State University and the University of Utah School of Medicine in Salt
Lake City, Utah in 1963. Dr. Chandler has over 46 years of experience.
- University of Utah School of Medicine (MD Degree)
- University of Minnesota (Internship)
- University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers (Residency; Walter Whitehouse, Program Director)
- Radiology: Fairview University Medical Center
- Utah Valley Regional Medical Center
- AlphaRad, Diagnostic & Neuroradiologist (Current)
- Utah Valley Radiology Associates, Partner
- Utah Valley Radiology Association (UVRA)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- American Board of Radiology (ABR)
Albert L. Bahr, MD
Diagnostic Interventional Radiology
Albert L. Bahr, MD is a Board-certified Radiologist with fellowship training in diagnostic interventional neuroradiology. He has over 43 years in medical experience. He attended University School of Medicine where he graduated in 1970.
POST GRADUATE MEDICAL TRAINING
- UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, California
- University of Utah Medical Center, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Cottonwood Hospital Medical Center, Midvale, Utah
- Alta View Hospital, Sancy, Utah
- LDS Hospital, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Utah Valley Medical Center, Provo, Utah